[clug] GPS on Linux

Ian McLeod ianmcleod75 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 15:11:36 MDT 2009

I am surprised it receives so little attention - it is the only GPS
application I could find that is actually useful for road navigation.
Are there any others that do road navigation?  GPSdrive and Tangodrive
etc all use image files or something and can't do navigation.

As for contributing I just want to fill in POIs and blank areas so the
OSM site plug-in may work fine.

xgps is a nifty little tool too - shows the satellite positions and
signal quality.

So is much development occurring on navit?  It shows a *lot* of promise.

And what cool gps apps and utilities have you found?