[clug] Ubuntu encrypted file systems

Ian McLeod ianmcleod75 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 16:32:28 MDT 2009

It seems a fresh install is the only way to go.  If I backup all my
partitions files from / through to /home and copy all that back after an
install - essentially copying the whole OS back - could that work?  Or
could I only copy certain aspects back on to the encrypted OS?

It seems the Ubuntu alternate install disk (first I'd heard of it) is
what I need, and that hibernate does in fact work with full disk
encryption (yay!).

Now if I can just get IPSec working as a remote access point for the
Netbook I'll have a secure portable system for a trip around Europe not
needing to worry about dodgy internet cafes and thieves.