[clug] Known issues with Flash/amd64 (was Re: Ubuntu encrypted file systems)

Jack Kelly endgame.dos at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 01:52:03 MDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 10:54 AM, Daniel Pittman<daniel at rimspace.net> wrote:
> Jack Kelly <endgame.dos at gmail.com> writes:
>> Karmic has some pretty compelling reasons to upgrade, though:
>> - automake1.11 - AM_SILENT_RULES is awesome
>
> Is that even visible to most people?

I guess not, but on a semi-technical list, I still think it's
compelling. The Kbuild-style output is much nicer on the eyes than the
classic autospam.

>> There's a known issue with flash on amd64 machines, though, that might make
>> you want to hold off until after release.
>
> I am curious: which version of flash, and what is the issue?

I'm going on what I saw here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1232816

Seems like the default flash version that comes from the repos is an
nspluginwrapper'd i386 plugin, which for some reason stops working.

-- Jack