[clug] Suggestion for a good UML 2.0 drwaing tool

Ben Coughlan ben.coughlan at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 00:33:20 MDT 2009

+1 for a commercial product. Unfortunately I think this kind of
graphical design is one place that FOSS is lacking in at the moment.

Having just spent 4.5 years struggling with dia through my undergrad -
always searching for another FOSS alternative, it is such a relief to
finally be using a real graphics tool.  In my case OmniGraffle (yes
I'm a mac-man).

As one of my bosses continues to try and teach me, the time I waste
accommodating a terrible tool is worth much more than the cost of
buying a decent one.

It's hard to justify spending $100 on software as a student, given you
don't get paid for your time, but it's worth it in the long-run.

Ben

P.S. @Jack - no to XFig, just no...