[clug] GPS on Linux

Matt Smith clug at mattsmith.cc
Fri Aug 14 00:26:09 MDT 2009

On 14/08/09 15:12 Ian McLeod said the following:
> They retail for $95 in Australia and US$35 overseas so something's
> amiss - I'll poke around some more unless someone can recommend a good
> supplier.

Hi Ian,

I can recommend Johnny Appleseed GPS (www.ja-gps.com.au) - although they
don't have the GlobalSat model, they do have some Haicom USB (or serial)
GPS receivers which boast good specs, and have a magnetic base for
attaching to, say, a car roof!
I don't know specifically their linux compatibility, but as another
poster mentioned, they do NMEA protocol.

I have bought from them before, great service and prompt shipping.

Cheers,
Matt