[clug] GPS on Linux

Ian McLeod ianmcleod75 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 23:12:03 MDT 2009

I'll get the BU-353 - lots of information on use with Linux around...
I'm interested in what it takes to turn a cheap netbook in to a viable
in car navigation system - it seems surprisingly easy - even for a tech
n00b like me.

They retail for $95 in Australia and US$35 overseas so something's amiss
- I'll poke around some more unless someone can recommend a good supplier.

I'm a little annoyed that Google took out GPS support for Google Earth
Linux version although there some workarounds.