[clug] Ongoing full-time jobs going at ASIO
mail at christophersmart.com
Wed Aug 12 23:07:54 MDT 2009
These hands-on roles work on a range of interesting projects using
emerging telecommunications and IT systems to help achieve the
outcomes required. As an innovative problem-solver who is always
questioning the way things work, you’ll apply your technical expertise
to use, build and improve technology required to support our
intelligence collection requirements.
Ideally you’ll have professional knowledge in one or more of the
• software development and systems integration in either a Windows,
Linux, or UNIX environment. Knowledge and experience in C/C++,
assembly languages, scripting and object oriented development would be
• internet and IP-based technologies, protocols, and networking applications;
• protocol and data analysis techniques;
• Current carrier based (mobile, fixed, or data) telecommunication
networks and technologies;
• IT security and encryption.
Your primary responsibilities will include administration, maintenance
and development of dedicated LAN comprising Windows, Linux, Unix and
Netware servers. Day to day you’ll conduct backup duties, replicate
data, manage archiving logs and index holdings, you will also assist
with hardware and software maintenance as required. Using your
analytical skills you will provide support through data processing,
analysis and visualisation. You’ll provide advice to your stakeholders
on a range of related issues.
Ideally you’ll have some knowledge in the following systems:
• MS Office, Analysts Notebook, Netmap, Mathcad, Systat, Statistica and R.
• MS and Borland C++, .NET, Go Diagram, VB, perl, awk and sed.
More information about the linux