[clug] August CLUG Programmers' Special Interest Group meeting

Paul Wayper paulway at mabula.net
Mon Aug 10 16:51:55 MDT 2009

On 11/08/09 08:00, Paul Wayper wrote:
> 	CLUG Programmers' Special Interest Group Meeting - 13th August 2009
> 	===================================================================
>
> Date:		13th August 2009 (Second Thursday of the month)
>
> Time:		18:30 - 20:30 (you will not be able to get in after 8pm)

Antti will be talking about GIS, PostGIS and mapping.

Would you like to be able to ask a database "give me
all the objects closer than five kilometres away from
me", or "all the objects south of this line,
please"?  PostGIS helps solve those questions.  With
location data becoming increasingly available in mobile
phones, GPS devices and online maps, writing software to
include this kind of data is something everyone seems
interested in.

No previous experience working with GIS data is required.