[clug] Programmer Competency Matrix

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Fri Aug 7 02:38:02 MDT 2009

On Friday 07 August 2009 16:28:39 Angus Gratton wrote:
> FWIW, if you're interested in hiring/interviewing practices then I
> quite like these two articles:
> http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/GuerrillaInterviewing3.html
> http://steve.yegge.googlepages.com/five-essential-phone-screen-questions
Nokia's Qt Software (previously "trolltech") asks for a code portfolio:
"In order to determine if you are qualified for a job, we need to see your code
portfolio. Think of a code portfolio similar to what an artist or photographer
would use to get hired. The code portfolio should contain code that you are
proud of and that would make us want to hire you." (from
http://www.qtsoftware.com/about/careers/code-specifications)

The job links say "This is the most important part of your application, and
your master key into our recruitment process. "

Brad