[clug] Programmer Competency Matrix

David Tulloh david at tulloh.id.au
Fri Aug 7 00:50:49 MDT 2009

On Friday 07 August 2009 16:11:24 Alex Satrapa wrote:

> [...]
I think it's useful but clearly has to be adapted for each company.  I'm
currently writing my CV and it's given me some interesting pointers.

Going through Alex's initial email I disagreed with most of his
objections but rather than arguing the points, what I felt was that the
level three column represented the more passionate and curious
developer, the kind of developer that explores different languages and
tools to gain a wide range of knowledge and skills.  Clearly these
aren't all going to be relevant at any given time but I feel that that
developer is better overall and is clearly the kind of person this
company is looking for.

David