[clug] lightweight tool for creating PDA-style Apps

steve jenkin sjenkin at canb.auug.org.au
Mon Aug 3 18:33:35 MDT 2009

steve jenkin wrote on 29/7/09 11:48 AM:

> With the advent of cheap/small netbooks - especially with the Google
> announcement & ARM processors - I'm thinking I can recreate what I loved
> about the PSION :-)

> My Question:
>  Do you know of any lightweight tools suitable for creating PDA-style
> Apps (good UI tools) on low-powered netbooks??

Any used, or seen used, 'Inferno'??
Any comments/warnings?

Looks 'nice', but why not apparently used a lot?
Is there some 'gotcha' in the details, or ????

<http://www.vitanuova.com/inferno/index.html>
<http://www.vitanuova.com/inferno/limbo.html>
<http://www.vitanuova.com/inferno/papers/dis.html>

Comes in free/non-free license.

Host Operating Systems
Windows NT/2000/XP
Irix, Linux, MacOS X, FreeBSD, Solaris, Plan 9

Supported Architectures
Intel x86, XScale, IBM PowerPC, ARM StrongARM, Sun SPARC
[and an IE plug-in ;-)]

A Complete Solution
"Inferno is not only an operating system, it is also a complete
development environment, providing all the tools necessary for creating,
testing and debugging the applications that run within it."