[clug] _more_ heads up for those going to Jaunty... (Mouse buttons)

Alex Satrapa alexsatrapa at mac.com
Wed Apr 29 06:04:29 GMT 2009

On 29/04/2009, at 15:38 , Daniel Pittman wrote:

> Andrew Janke <a.janke at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> If you (like me) use a left-right click on the mouse to emulate
>> middle
>> button (wheel) as you are sick of inadvertently scrolling then you
>> are
>> going to want to do something like this in xorg.conf
>
> Under KDE[1] the process is:
>
> 1. Open up the "mouse" control panel.
> 2. Select "left handed".

My impression is that Andrew was talking about chording buttons 1 & 2
to emulate button 3, to avoid accidental scrolling when trying to
click button 3 which is also the scroll wheel on a scroll wheel mouse.

I'm not a KDE user, but I expect there's something about "Chording" or
"Emulate 3 button mouse" in there somewhere.

Alex