[clug] Re: beginners' CLUG

Lana Brindley lanabrindley at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 11:34:36 GMT 2009

Paul, sometimes you are sixteen shades of awesome :)

Read on ...

2009/4/28 Paul Wayper <paulway at mabula.net>

> Lana Brindley wrote:
> |
> | This is an awesome idea, and should be a regular feature, even if it was
> | only six-monthly. Paul, please keep me in touch, I would very interested
> in
> | helping out, and also with raising awareness amongst the greater geek
> | community. I'd also be happy to give a talk (on what, I have no idea, but
> | whatever you think might be useful), if that's what you need.
>
> Yes, you've just volunteered!

I seem to be good at that ;)

> My plan here is to get Lana, myself and anyone else who wants to stand up,
> give a quick (15 minute) talk about something cool they like about FOSS
> that
> they use a lot.  It can be a favourite tool or useful program, some speedy
> ways to get around in Linux, or your how-to in your favourite game: I
> intend
> to give mine about shortcut keys in BASH.  We'll be doing these throughout
> the
> night, rather than have a whole bunch of nodding heads and then everyone
> dispersing at Pizza time.

OK, I'll ruminate on that for a little and let you know what I come up with.

> So, Lana, David Tulloh, Pascal Klein, Tridge, Hugh Blemings, Chris Smart,
> Brad
> Hards, Ian Munsie, and everyone else that I talk to regularly that always
> seems to have some new bit of awesome tucked up their sleeve - and anyone
> else
> ~ with a good idea - start thinking of something to say!
>
> And Lana, your other idea is also great - please promote this to people you
> think might be interested but might not be CLUG regulars.  If there's
> interest, maybe a fixfest / installfest / hackfest day on a Saturday some
> time
> might be a good thing to do too.

All for an install/hackfest as well. Do we have a date yet?

> Have fun,
>
> Paul
>
> P.S. answering another question, I have thought about giving a night class
> on
> "Linux and FOSS for beginners" at one of the adult education organisations
> around Canberra.  Will let you know if this develops into more than a nice
> idea... :-)

Awesome idea ... keep me in the loop :)

Cheers! Lana

My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I
start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake.
I feel better already.
-- Dave Barry

http://lanabrindley.blogspot.com

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html for more