[clug] Yubikeys - group purchase?

Miles Goodhew mgoodhew at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 05:02:12 GMT 2009

Hola!,
	<disclaimer>
	This email solicits money from people for tangible goods. I will not
make a profit from the transaction, I just want to help out other
CLUGgers reduce costs while getting learning aids/geek toys. I also
have no financial interest in the manufacturer, Yubico. If this
premise is not to your taste, please stop reading now.
	</itsnotspamitsham>

	You may remember Bob Edwards and Mike Carden banging-on about
Yubikeys (http://www.yubico.com/) earlier this month.
	I had never heard of them before then, but really like the concept
and implementation. So I want to get one or two keys to test-out for
work purposes and was wondering if anybody else wanted to pitch-in on
a group order. Keys are normally US$25, but drop to US$20 in 10's, US
$15 in 100's, etc. Plus the freight cost of US$15 is split (for
orders up-to 500 keys).
	How they'd get distributed is another thing as I'm in Sydney most of
the week (It's a satellite suburb to the North of Canberra you may
not have heard of), I'm happy to organise an order and forward-on the
remainder to someone who _would_ be at a CLUG meeting for
redistribution. Alternatively someone might want to to the complement
and organise the order/distribution themselves and I can make other
arrangements to get my keys.
	Any interest or volunteering?

THX 1138,

M0les.