[clug] More starting points

Lana Brindley lanabrindley at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 04:58:50 GMT 2009

2009/4/25 Brad Hards <bradh at frogmouth.net>

> In a moment of philosophising this morning, I decided that we're all
> beginners
> in some way. It might be at installing a linux distro, it might be at using
> the command line, it might be at C++, or at a web framework, or at newtork
> configuration, or at compiler internals, or building the kernel from
> source,
> or at using an office suite.
>
> I thought I'd offer some suggestions for (yet more) reading you can do,
> and "launch-off points" for finding things.

In a strange cross-patch (sorry for hijacking your post Brad!), I believe
this answers the question on the other thread about what constitutes 'basic
information'. It's a series of "launch-off points":

1. How do I get online, use a browser, configure networking ...
2. How do I listen to music, store and organise music, edit music, share
music ...
3. How do connect to another machine, use SSH/FTP, configure a LAN ...
4. How do I keep my computer safe, encrypt data/drives, maintain a secure
network ...
5. How do I get my webcam working, create and edit videos, share videos ...

Hope that makes sense!

 <snip>

--
Cheers! Lana

My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I
start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake.
I feel better already.
-- Dave Barry

http://lanabrindley.blogspot.com

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html for more