[clug] Digital Photo Frames

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 11:57:14 GMT 2009

2009/4/21 Paul Wayper <paulway at mabula.net>:
> OTOH, what might make sense is one of those USB-to-VGA dongles that acts as
> another screen.  I have no idea whether they work in Linux or not, but a USB
> cable is good for five metres at USB 2.0, more if you go through a hub or
> two or get a powered extender cable.

For sure. Currently the thing is setup via the external video port of
a laptop (with a long VGA cable). This thing however is a present for
some oldies and they dont want to bother with having to have a laptop
in the lounge room going. The lounge is a long way from the office :(

The other option that I did forget is a S/H Mac Mini.  Anyone got one? :)