[clug] scp alternative

Peter Barker pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au
Sat Apr 11 10:14:53 GMT 2009

On Sat, 11 Apr 2009, George Bray wrote:

> scp can be set to omit compression, fine, but encryption will still
> occur from what I can see.

Way back when, ssh/scp allowed you to specify the encryption type as
"null" - which probably should have been called "identity".
Unfortunately, somewhere along the line that got lost - possibly with the
general switch to openssh, I really can't remember.

A quick google finds the ssh rfc, which uses the word "none" and says,
"don't do it" :-) (http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4251.txt)

Still, I really wish we still had it.

> George Bray, The Australian National University, Canberra, Australia.

Yours,
--
Peter Barker                          |   Programmer,Sysadmin,Geek.
pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au	      |   You need a bigger hammer.