[clug] scp alternative

Michael Manning michael at michaelmanning.org
Sat Apr 11 09:51:16 GMT 2009

Getting on in the conversation, but here is my 2 cents worth.

If the machines are know to each other and the network as a whole is
isolated (not on the Internet per say), then why not use something very
simple like hosts.allow and hosts.deny or even the "hosts allow" directive
from within the rsyncd service. Seems a waste to overcomplicate the
replication of large files which, if I am reading right, must not be that
sensitive it you are not concerned with MITM attacks.

Cheers,

Michael Manning
http://www.michaelmanning.org/
http://twitter.com/mmanning13