[clug] Aust. Postcode mapping data

Andrew Loughhead andrew.loughhead at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 10:47:32 GMT 2009

The openstreetmap-au list had some talk about an ok, unencumbered source
of postcode data, maybe the ABS, and the import of that into OSM, a few
months ago.  I unsub'd about then. List archives
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-au/ appear to have lots of
mentions of "postcode".  The main map also has some dotted lines now
which might be postcode boundaries, but I don't think the actual
postcode value is tagged in the relation, at least for the bit I glanced
at.

Pretty sure there are some active OSMers on the clug list too, who may
know more.