[clug] Can't locate Mysql.pm Debian Lenny

Ishwor ishwor at posix.algorithmfreaks.com
Sun Apr 5 14:08:08 GMT 2009

Hello,

Neil Symons wrote:
> Update.
>
> Initially I thought this was going to be easy, but the DBD::Mysql module is
> very different to Mysql
>
> The original
>
> -- quote --
> use Mysql;
> $dbh = Mysql->connect(undef, $database, $mysqluser, $mysqlpass);
> -- end quote --
>
> Seams to require the second line to be re-written if I change it to
> DBD::Mysql
>
> So maybe using DBD::Mysql isn't an option just yet. too many files to update

Is it http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/TMTM/Class-DBI-mysql-1.00/README
you're after (have a look @ the example they show). Or even,
http://search.cpan.org/dist/Class-DBI/lib/Class/DBI.pm ?

The pacakage is bundled as libclass-dbi-mysql-perl on Lenny if you
wanna grab it.

[isg at machapuchre:~]$ aptitude show libclass-dbi-mysql-perl

       (04-05 23:31)
Package: libclass-dbi-mysql-perl
New: yes
State: not installed
Version: 1.00-1.1
 This is an extension to Class::DBI, containing several functions and
optimisations for the MySQL database.

 Homepage: http://search.cpan.org/~tmtm/Class-DBI-mysql/

Tags: devel::lang:perl, devel::lang:sql, devel::library,
implemented-in::perl, role::devel-lib, role::shared-lib, works-with::db

--
	Cheers,
	Ishwor Gurung