[clug] Installfest wrap-up report

Lana Brindley lanabrindley at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 03:15:08 GMT 2008

Hi all,

2008/9/28 Paul Wayper <paulway at mabula.net>

<snip>

> I'd also like to thank Lana Brindley for doing so much to publicise
> Software
> Freedom Day and the Installfest (at short notice).  The one guy who turned
> up
> to get a new install of Ubuntu (and sat patiently as the net installer
> repartitioned 180GB of his drive) read about it from the RiotACT website
> where
> Lana posted an excellent promotional write-up of the event.  (Unfortunately
> I'm still wrestling with trying to get registered with RiotACT so I was
> unable
> to help there.)  Thanks, Lana!

<snip>

You are very welcome! I only wish we'd had more time to get the word out.
Nevertheless, RiotACT was great for a little discussion on the topic, and
hopefully we've inspired some people to consider F/LOSS (or realise it
exists) even if they didn't get along to the events. I hope to be writing a
little follow up to the articles tonight, so if anyone has pictures or
stories they'd like to share, either send them to me direct ASAP, or jump
onto RiotACT and add it into the comments.

> Other than that, our facilities were excellent, our team was knowledgeable
> and
> there wasn't anything that we couldn't fix.  So that was really great!

I am absolutely stoked that the event was as much of a success as has been
reported! Paul, you and your team of volunteers deserve a big round of
applause for your organisational efforts! I'm just sorry that *both* my
weekends exploded and I didn't make it in :( I promise to be better
organised next year!

If anyone thinks that we should distribute a write-up of the event to a
particular list or group, then just let me know. Once I've done a wrap-up
for RiotACT, I will probably send it off the LinuxChix/AussieChix crew, so
if there's any others I'd be more than happy to spread the word.

Again - if anyone has any pictures, please send them to me today :)

Cheers,
Lana

--
Cheers! Lana

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build
bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
-- Rick Cook

http://lanabrindley.blogspot.com

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html for more
information.