[clug] spdif output for MythTV

Paul mylists at wilsononline.id.au
Mon Sep 29 02:52:01 GMT 2008

As far as mythtv playback is concerned I'm pretty sure that my SPDIF output is ok
I set the DTS passthru and found a 6 channel video which confirms 5.1 is output correctly.

Like you I just can't get speaker-test to work, so I don't know if thats normal or just
meant to be for std PC speakers ie not SPDIF output to an AMP.

I have some 6 channel wav files and and having no luck using aplay to playback them other
than stereo..

I think at this stage I'm ready to give up and hope this isn't the cause of my
prebuffering problems, but since I've changed to the "SLIM" playback profile ,I've seen
less problems with video/audio out of sync.. (the price of HDTV huh)

thanks
Paul