[clug] Software Freedom Day

Lana Brindley lanabrindley at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 00:11:53 GMT 2008

On 22/09/2008, Ric de France <rdefrance at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey...
>
> 2008/9/22 Lana Brindley <lanabrindley at gmail.com>
>

> > We could just wander around town with them, slipping them into people's
> > bags
> > ;)
> >

> I was involved with the SFD that LUV (read as "Andrew Chalmers" - then
> president) organiseed last year. A group of us walked around Melbourne
> handing out the CDs with the simple message of "Happy Software Freedom
> Day!"
> Most people are happy to get a free CD and slip it into their bags. Hardly
> saw any in bins or thrown on the ground.
>
> Don't know how many people followed up and used it and then contacted LUV
> for more information.
>
> It's not out of the question it would work here too...
>

> ...Ric

That's not an entirely silly suggestion, you know. Although it's not
Software Freedom day anymore ... I guess it remains to be seen how many are
left over after the install fest though.

> Ric de France
> Ph: +61412945554 (international) or 0412945554 (Australia)
> ==> Do you, uh... Gentoo? Gentoooo-hooo!! <==
> ==> http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/about.xml <==
> --

Cheers! Lana

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
- George Orwell

http://lanabrindley.blogspot.com

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html for more
information.