[clug] Software Freedom Day - Sep 20

Lana Brindley lanabrindley at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 01:21:22 GMT 2008

My vote would be for all of the above, but that makes marketing difficult.

I think it would be easy enough to write up something reasonably generic,
something along the lines of "want great software that doesn't cost the
earth? Ever wondered what 'free' software is and how it works?" and get that
sent off to some publications.

I think a flyer or two would be a good idea too. I could ask around some of
the graphics guys I know.

Shall we start a list of pubs?

Canberra Times
City News
Chronicle
[more here]

On 11/09/2008, jm <jeffm at ghostgun.com> wrote:

> Talking of advertising. Where is this being advertised/promoted? Who are we
> targeting? The uni student, the non-techinical computer buff, new computer
> users, the disgruntled windows user, the general public?
>
> Jeff.
>
> Lana Brindley wrote:
>
>> That said, if there's anything I can do in terms of preparation, I'm more
>> than willing to do so. I'm a writer, so I can be of assistance with
>> advertising/press releases, or other marketing stuff maybe ...
>>

> --

Cheers! Lana

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
- George Orwell

http://lanabrindley.blogspot.com

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html for more
information.