[clug] EeePC 1000s?

Chris Smart mail at christophersmart.com
Tue Sep 9 06:37:43 GMT 2008

2008/9/9 Jacinta Richardson <jarich at perltraining.com.au>:
> I've heard a rumour that Epoch Labs is a Linux-friendly authorised ASUS
> reseller.  I haven't done anything to confirm this, but you might want to call
> Scott McKean (03 9329 9670) and see what he says.

Thanks Jacinta. I contacted them and he replied:

"I double checked with our Suppliers and they don't have this model
available with Linux yet. However, I have left a message with the
eeePC product manager for
Australia to enquire. I should have an answer for you in the next
couple of days."

I'll update the list as to the status when I find out.

2008/9/9 Andrew Janke <a.janke at gmail.com>:
> Scuse my ignorance but cant you just ask for an OEM refund for XP? (from ASUS)

In theory that is possible, in practice it's not as easy. However the
other issue is that the 1000H does not have an SDD drive, while the
1000 does.

-c