[clug] [Offtopic] Mains voltage fluctuations

Craig Small csmall at enc.com.au
Tue Sep 2 10:33:16 GMT 2008

On Tue, Sep 02, 2008 at 07:39:35PM +1000, Peter Barker wrote:
> 	I'm wondering if anyone else here is noticing a significant variation on
> the mains power voltage in Canberra (Flynn, in particular).
I'm graphing my UPS in and output voltages and they haven't changed
much. Max/Average/Min has been 254/249/247 volts with a steady decline
since September, the minimum being now.

If its power related, its more likely to be spikes rather than just it
being over 240V.

> sound. It was doing it last night when the measured voltage was 251V, but
> it started up and ran fine this-morning when the measured voltage was
> 243V. The problem doesn't *seem* to be temperature.
Nighttime electricity is noisier.

 - Craig
--
Craig Small      GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
http://www.enc.com.au/                             csmall at : enc.com.au