[clug] Appropriate language for a task...

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 05:33:50 GMT 2008

Hi all,

I am hoping that someone can tell me what to use.  I need to write
something that can/has:

   * milisecond accuracy
   * display images/boxes/text (in fullscreen)
   * work/stop/go/wait based upon keyboard/USB/TTL inputs (and record them)
   * play sounds

   * possibly on a Winderz/Mac Laptop (but initially Ubuntu based)

For a quick hack I am thinking PERL::HighRes + PERL::SDL.  Either that
or this might be a good reason to learn a bit more of python/ruby...

The "sleuthfull" amongst us will deduce that I am thinking of writing
something for fMRI paradigm/stimulus delivery. I have searched high
and low for something that is GPL/free/extensible to that point that I
want and have come up with nothing but air.

Comments appreciated.

ta

Andrew Janke - andrew.janke at anu.edu.au
Department of Geriatric Medicine, ANU