[clug] OT: Protesting the proposed clean feed?

Sunnz sunnzy at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 04:29:43 GMT 2008

2008/10/26 Lana Brindley <lanabrindley at gmail.com>:
> How do you discipline them? For the first time in history, the things that
> humans create can transcend our physical presence and arrive in a
> school-kids bedroom - unfettered, unclassified, unexpected, sometimes even
> unbidden. No wonder it seems scary! And since they can't go after the source
> of these messages (although they have tried and - mostly - failed), they
> will go after the only other tangible part of it - the receiver.

As far as kiddie porn goes, it is very much possible to go after the
source, it is illegal in pretty much all countries, i.e. there are no
happy land of kiddie porn to speak of... if Rudd were to spend that
100+ million on the source, I bet it will actually work, and that
Australia won't be seen as a censorship country on an international
level.

The 'downside' could be that they won't be seen as having been 'doing
something' to 'protect the children', however they are keep this low
profile anyway so it is a moot point.

So are they really intended just to filter out kiddie porn? Just think
about it, the compulsory filter includes "inappropriate material",
these vague words are intentionally chosen, it is no accident. ;)
--
This e-mail may be confidential. You may not copy, forward or use any
part. All disclaimers on the Internet are of zero legal effectiveness