[clug] Would anyone like to write some code for me please ?

Telek, John S John.S.Telek at team.telstra.com
Wed Oct 22 22:46:54 GMT 2008

G'day.

     I'm heavily into robotics and have built a laser range finder using 2 laser pointers and a USB camera. The idea being that the farther away the object in front of the camera is, the closer the two laser dots appear to get. You are too close when the dots disappear from the cameras field of view. As I can't code amd my math is crap, i'm .....

Looking for some non commercial open source code to do the  following.

a) Take the image from the camera and locate the lasers bright spots in the image.
b) Calculate distance information from the relative position of the bright spots to each other.
c) open source it.

wondering if anyone is interested in this sort of thing and is either willing to give it a crack or might already
have some code that they might be able to share.

Attached is and image that might help explain.

cheers,
   John, VK1JST
   0419 127 908