[clug] OT: Protesting the proposed clean feed?

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Wed Oct 22 02:01:34 GMT 2008

On 22/10/2008, at 12:36 , Andrew Janke wrote:

> I'm with Lana, I always find it much more interesting to talk to the
> people involved about this sort of thing personally and in a rational
> fashion, I have 3 kids so am acutely aware of what they are trying to
> do and support it (or education regarding this), just not in the
> current way in which they are approaching it.

I'm not a child, I have no children, no children use my Internet
connection.

Regardless of the way they're approaching it, I question the need to
filter the internet when you - the parent - already have the ability
to guide your child's internet experience. Failing all else, you can
just prohibit your child accessing the Internet until they're 18,
just like you do for the car, the booze, the cigarettes and the condoms.

Just don't go using the Internet as a babysitter and we'll all get
along swell!

Alex