[clug] AARNET IPv6 broker

Paul TBBle Hampson Paul.Hampson at Pobox.com
Sat Nov 22 23:41:42 GMT 2008

On Thu, Nov 06, 2008 at 11:53:08PM +1100, Paul TBBle Hampson wrote:
> Is anyone else here using the AARNET IPv6 broker?

> It's been giving me 310 errors when trying to bring up a tunnel for the
> past couple of weeks, and I'm not having any luck emailing anyone
> involved to find out what's going on. (Or rather the emailing works,
> it's the responses I'm not having any luck getting. ^_^)

> http://broker.aarnet.net.au/ for those who don't know about it.

For the archives, the broker website appears to have reverted to an
earlier version stylistically but with slightly more options. I suspect
they've upgraded Hexos on the broker and the page we see now is the
stock page.

Also, the failure I was getting changed from 301 to Authorisation
Failed.

I had to recreate my account, but once I did that I was able to get gw6c
to connect to the broker fine. I could also get myself a /56 tunnel by
changing the mode to router and the prefix length to 56, but if I
requested a /48 by prefix length in gw6c, the connection would fail to
come up.

I wonder if that was the problem the whole time... I used to have a /48,
so my client was set to use that as the prefix length, although the old
broker website stated that existing /48 tunnels would continue to
function.

So, I once again have a dancing turtle at http://www.kame.net, which of
course was the goal of the process... ^_^

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, B.Sc, LPI, MCSE
Very-later-year Asian Studies student, ANU
Paul.Hampson at Pobox.com

Of course Pacman didn't influence us as kids. If it did,
we'd be running around in darkened rooms, popping pills and
listening to repetitive music.
 -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.5/au/