[clug] Firefox plugin or special proxy software to archive my browsing history?

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Fri Nov 21 09:31:21 GMT 2008

> I've never tried to solve this but it sounds like you want a caching
> proxy server.

The ones I've tried won't serve you stuff if they can't ask the
original server about the currency of the data in the cache (IIRC
squid refuses to work unless you at least have a working IP interface
and DNS). Archiving proxy server yes, but a mere proxy/cache server
doesn't cut it.

> Google search history. (they already have this on you, this just
> allows you to look at it) plus google notebook works for me.

Google search history doesn't track every page I open up unless I
click the links from Google search results, nor does it work when I
have no Internet connection.

Oh hey... there's a web history toolbar too. It's a Google app, which
means again I can't use it offline.