[clug] Lug In A Box

Andrew Boyd facibus at gmail.com
Sun May 11 03:06:09 GMT 2008

On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 12:25 PM, Jason <j.lee.nielsen at gmail.com> wrote:

> That sounds like a good idea. I am envisioning that if we manage to make
> something useful we will be able to get it into some distro repositories at
> which time it will definitely be a useful feature for any group wanting to
> manage membership funds or collect donations.
>
> The wiki should be open for anyone to add content to it at the moment so
> feel more then free to add what you would like to see in such a product. Or
> move this to a clug wiki if that is more accessible to people.
>
> The current notes are sitting at
> http://trac.proams.org/index.fcgi/wiki/lugInABox
>
> Jason

Thanks Jason,

I've had a first attempt at adding a payment handling extension to the specs
at http://trac.proams.org/index.fcgi/wiki/lugInABox - not my best work, they
are not terribly atomic (for example, I raise the possibility of a Secretary
role as well as the Administrator). Hope they make sense - if not, let me
know and I will expand on them, and of course everyone should feel free to
add/change/comment things. I've based it on the needs of a couple of
information architecture-related bodies that I am involved in, but hopefully
the requirements are generic enough that it should apply itself to any group
anywhere.

One thing I didn't add, and I just thought of - an extension to the
extension for handling conference fees would be a good thing (and beefing up
the meeting management spec to include agenda management for a multi-day
event might be useful too). A BarCamp event template might be a good place
to start (no money, but members having to specify attendance at the
event/dinner and optionally provide t-shirt size). Happy to add this if you
think it would be useful.

Personally I think it is OK for the spec to be bigger than Ben Hur - so long
as the next step would be to prioritise and throw things into separate
phases - but I don't want to take over the process here because I can write
requirements and other docco till the cows come home but it probably won't
be me doing the coding :)

Best regards, Andrew

--
---