[clug] Jukebox for linux

Daniel Rose drose at nla.gov.au
Sat May 10 04:52:09 GMT 2008

Hello list,

Has anyone come across a party interface for mp3 playback that works
like a jukebox?

 - search for songs
 - Add one, it gets stuck at the end of the list
 - Songs played are removed from the head of the list
 - An empty list gets a song added at random

I think that people who want this simple, trivial functionality are
perhaps writing it themselves.  Mbux http://oswaldism.de/mbux/what.html is a
really good example of what I want, but it fails with segfaults and
floating point exceptions on a dual core CPU.  It seems to be unmaintaned; at least, no releases in nearly three years.

There are at least five good media centres and about a hundred
acceptable personal desktop players, but I can only find two pieces of
broken unmaintained software that even try to do a party mode/jukebox
interface.  Has anyone else got a lead on a drunk-proof, bogun-proof linux jukebox?