[clug] Warning message

Chris Smart chris at kororaa.org
Sun May 4 01:34:54 GMT 2008

Further, studies of hard drives that Google and the like have done seem
to show that SMART doesn't really help a whole lot. Part of the reason
for this is that the technical people install a full blown SMART system
on a hard drive, but marketing get it turned off because it "makes their
hard drives look less reliable than the competitors". Which is
unfortunate for the consumer.

-c