[clug] TransACT MythTV and tvguide.org.au

Paul TBBle Hampson Paul.Hampson at Pobox.com
Mon Mar 17 19:44:31 GMT 2008

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 06:37:04AM +1100, Paul TBBle Hampson wrote:
> I _haven't_ tried having two TransACT input devices, and seeing if they
> both go at the same time. I believe they won't, for the same reason the
> CRC_IP input devices clashed, in that they bind to 0.0.0.0:8208 and then
> join the multicast group, meaning the second one to try to bind to that
> IP address files with already bound. The CRC_IP recorder would fail to
> propagate this error, leaving a 0-length file on the disk which make
> MythTV frontend slow down badly every time you moved the selection over
> it. I hope this input device code will actually note the error and kill
> the leftover file.

> To get multiple TransACT input devices, it'd be necessary to be able to
> specify an IP address to bind the listening socket to.

Looks like this issue is already on the radar:
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/3873

Marked for the 0.22 milestone, so here's hoping...

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, B.Sc, LPI, MCSE
Very-later-year Asian Studies student, ANU
Paul.Hampson at Pobox.com

Of course Pacman didn't influence us as kids. If it did,
we'd be running around in darkened rooms, popping pills and
listening to repetitive music.
 -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.1/au/