[clug] [JOB] Linux Admin(ish)

Antony Wuth foobie at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 05:24:35 GMT 2008

I have a temporary vacancy for a period of 6 months (with a possible
extension of a further 6 months), for an immediate start.
We are looking for someone who is highly organised and experienced in
systems management. The position is based in a
Federal department located in sunny Parkes. It is anticipated the
selected applicant will be placed on a contract that provides
a standard set of public service conditions.

Key duties of the position are:
1. Assist in the development, implementation and management of
hardware and software facilities.
2. Develop and document operational/governance policies and procedures.
3. Manage information systems in a mixed UNIX and Microsoft operating
environment.
4. Contribute to a team environment with a commitment to continuous
improvement and self development.
5. Assist and train staff in the use of Departmental IT facilities.

Basically we are in the middle of a Solaris -> linux migration & need
an additional set of hands to help out. We are a fairly small
friendly & OSS using group.

If you are at all interested feel free to contact me via email on
phone on 6274 1279 and I'll attempt to give you all the juicy details.

Thanks for looking
Antony Wuth