[clug] My windows box got rooted last week... how at risk is Linux?

Jason Stokes glasper9 at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jun 11 00:08:02 GMT 2008

Appeared to be downloading trojanish stuff over http from urls I never connect to.  I had to pull the internet connection and spend the weekend reinstalling everything.  I hate Microsoft.

I've heard of Linux getting rooted, but the distros are pretty secure out of the box these days, right?  I don't hear much about Linux viruses, or massive botnets of Linux boxes.

www.yahoo7.com.au/mail