[clug] krandr multiple monitor woes

Doug Palmer Doug.Palmer at csiro.au
Wed Jul 30 23:16:00 GMT 2008

I've now figured out a configuration that does what I want, although I'm
not entirely sure why.

1. Using Sax2:
1.1 Card is Intel 965 GM
1.2 Monitor is LCD 1440x900 at 60Hz
1.3 Resolution is 1680x1080 (yes)
1.4 Activate Dual head, Xinerama mode
1.5 Second monitor is Dell 2208wfp
1.6 Second monitor resoution is 1680x1050
1.7 Layout L
1.8 Important: Do not start xrandr, krandr or any other forms of ranry
goodness

The Xinerama doesn't work, but that's good; it seems to do what I would
expect clone to do. When it's plugged in to the docking station,
everything comes up as 1680x1050, even the LCD screen which just
overflows. If I start the laptop up without docking, you can see things
fiddling for a bit before settling down at 1440x900.

Doug

ps. I'm not sure why this gets tagged with [ExternalMail] 'cos I'm a
member of this list.