[clug] (MythTV) LIRC + TView99 card - IR problem

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 09:12:16 GMT 2008

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 16:34, Andrew Smith <andrew at coolchilli.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback Ian.  Fortunately I've had no problems getting it
> working tuning TV, selecting different sources (Composite in) for viewing
> a camera with xawtv and Zoneminder.  I'm not shy of taking your advice
> though and buying a solution; it's just bugging me now and I have to win
> over it :)

:)  Well from a previous post I can report that a Pinnacle USB nano
stick works in various *buntu flavours once you download firmware and
the likes. I am still having issues making it autoscan for anything
other than SBS but from a bit of digging around this appears to be
common. I have managed to type in the correct incantations to tune it
to other stations but it will not find them.

I am also told that this thing has a little onboard signal amp that I
am unsure if it is on or not as the signal seems low but then does
work.  Of course under winderz (both XP and Vista) it will autoscan
for everything and works fine so I know it is not an antenna issue.

Have fun!  I had never played with a digital tuner let along a 'puter
based one before this and still managed to fumble my way thorough it
with little trouble.

--
Andrew Janke (a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)
Canberra->Australia +61 (402) 700 883