[clug] IPv6 Australia?

Sunnz sunnzy at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 08:46:38 GMT 2008

Yea technically nothing much have changed, I guess it has to be taken
step by steps though I am glad to hear that they got it working in the
labs, now I always had my ADSL modem in bridge mode using a BSD
machine for nating, so basically I am just waiting for them to turn on
the switch some day and I'll use it as soon as it hits the ADSL
market!! Although IPv6 doesn't use nat... got to learn how it all
works all over again I guess!!!

2008/7/22 Michael Still <mikal at stillhq.com>:
> Robert Edwards wrote:
>
>> Bob Edwards (still somewhat of an IPv6 sceptic).
>
> I guess the thing is that IPv6 connectivity isn't very useful until
> there is IPv6 accessible content. My experience indicates that there is
> very little of that at the moment.
>
> Mikal

If the IPv6 thing ever takes off web sites and contents are going to
run in dual stack for a while, supporting both IPv6 and IPv4
clients... so I don't see anything "usefull" at all other than IPv4
address space been used up some where in the future but not the near
future...

But meh, when consumer equiments gets dual stack support, IPv6 would
just sneak in anyway... I have recently got one of those Apple AirPort
Express wireless router that streams music over a WiFi link to a home
speaker, it uses IPv6 but I never knew about it untill I looked at the
firewall logs!!! Perhaps the Internet would have a similar transition,
routers just do IPv6 and IPv4 out of the box and consumers just usees
both without knowing it is there.

Sunnz.

--
This e-mail may be confidential. You may not copy, forward,
distribute, or, use any part of it. Note, this text has no effective