[clug] Printer woes

Pilcher, Fred Fred.Pilcher at act.gov.au
Mon Jul 21 00:26:23 GMT 2008

I downloaded and installed a driver for a Canon LBP3000 for a friend
(Kubuntu Hardy). All went well - the printer was visible and all
settings were available, but it wouldn't print. Then I rebooted the
computer and, as it polled the USB ports, the printer ejected a perfect
test page that I'd sent it. Still no luck trying to print normally.

Clearly the pages are getting to the printer, but it's not ejecting
completed pages.

Does anyone have any sage advice?

Thanks,

Fred