[clug] Automating firefox

Michael Cohen scudette at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 09:41:21 GMT 2008

Sam how would this work? As far as I can tell in js you can issue a
window.print() which brings up the print dialog but you can not
actually submit it due to the js security model. Neither can you
select the output filename. Am i far off the mark?

So far i have been playing with the many suggestions on this thread. I
found Xnee which seems sort of able to do what I want except that
there is no way to tell it which windows to target. Most solutions
seem to be flying blind - injecting keystrokes with very little
feedback about which window they are using. Maybe I will patch xnee to
address keystrokes at named windows which would make it more robust
(in case firefox lost focus for some reason).

I think its definitely doable though,
Michael.