[clug] Ubuntu Gutsy problem.

Tim Jones tim.jones at anu.edu.au
Wed Jan 9 03:05:16 GMT 2008

> > I can, it does. All volumes are maximum- it just won't produce any
> > sound, either on the built in speakers or via the headphones jack.

You'll also need to be in the audio group for the permissions to use
the sound (sometimes ubuntu seems to change the group members for some
reason).

To check, open /etc/group in a text editor as root, and check that
your username is present in the line that starts "audio:". If it's
not, add your username to the end and you should be away.

Good luck :)

Tim

---
http://cs.anu.edu.au/~Tim.Jones/