[clug] SSH + PAM

Robert Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Wed Jan 2 23:47:26 GMT 2008

Thanks Sam and Brad - this looks like the Right Way, but, alas, I am
running on Debian "etch", which appears to have inherited (in the Debian
way) the hardcoded PAM service name (ssh) from the "woody" days. No idea
why. The main evidence is that the normal executable is "/usr/sbin/sshd"
and the PAM service Debian uses is called "ssh" (and not "sshd").

Looks like I'll need to recompile it. Wonder what else will break...

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.