[clug] SSH + PAM

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Wed Jan 2 06:37:47 GMT 2008

On Wednesday 02 January 2008 04:56:44 pm Robert Edwards wrote:
> Option 1: two instances of SSH with different config files, one
> listening on the internal interface/IP address and the other on the
> other. But both need "UsePAM", so how do I tell PAM which SSH is which?
I don't profess to understand PAM, but IIUC, you just want two processes to
use different PAM entries. Why not have two different sshd processes, once
called sshd_internal and one called sshd_external, and set the rules you want
in /etc/pam.d/sshd_internal and /etc/pam.d/sshd_external.

Warning: It was my first day back at work today - I could be talking nonsese
here.

Brad