[clug] ACS query

Grant Baldwin Grant.Baldwin at anu.edu.au
Fri Feb 29 07:00:41 GMT 2008

> So as far as I can tell from their site
> (https://www.acs.org.au/index.cfm?action=show&conID=membercriteria),
> I'm not eligible to become a member at any level, even with a
> Bachelors degree and 7 years experience - at least, not without
> jumping through hoops and handing over vast wads of cash in order to
> prove that I'm worthy to join.

In your 7 years of systems administration, you haven't been involved in at
least some of items a, b, c, e, f, g, and, especially, l, n, o or r?

It may not says "system administration" in neon letters, but it certainly
appears to be covered from what I can see. In addition, it certainly seems
that CIO, BA, and other mentioned roles fit into these activities,
especially b, s & t.

That said, there always used to be one column in the Australians IT section
that never missed an opportunity to slip the boot into the ACS (and usually
with good reason). Used to be a nice way to lighten up yet another Tuesday.