[clug] ... and WiFi access in Civic

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Wed Feb 20 23:10:09 GMT 2008

Anthony Goonan wrote:
> Steve,
>
> Do u have a Telecommunications Carrier Licence?  Are U intending to apply
> for a Telecommunications Carrier Licence?

No, Nerdvana did not, but the ISP we partnered with had a carrier
license (they were providing VOIP services), which meant that as we were
simply broadcasting their service via a radio, if it had come to a head,
we were operating under their Carrier License. Keep in mind all this
happened back in 2004/5, and the network now no longer exists (the
example of Azure was not a hypothetical example).
> Pls refer to Australian Commmunications & Media Authority (ACMA).

Been there, done that, have the "erm, not our problem, you need to talk
to XXXXX" letters to prove it. Waste of time that was.