[clug] PSIG changing venues...

Simon Pascal Klein 4pascal at tpg.com.au
Mon Feb 18 05:27:35 GMT 2008

On Mon, 2008-02-18 at 16:08 +1100, Chris Smart wrote:

> Hate to be a party pooper, but I think this misses the point as to why
> Looking Glass doesn't want us on their network, security. I do not think
> we should use their internet connection full stop. I know I wouldn't
> want some bunch of linux nut would-be hackers connecting to my corporate
> network ;)
>
> So, please double check if you like, but I'd prefer it if we left their
> network infrustructure well alone (even if they would be happy for us to
> use it, I don't think it's a good idea).
>
> -c

The actual only issue really was that we didn't want people knowing the
WPA password and connecting to a network that would be on the same
network as the rest of the office workstations and servers.

The training room is on an isolated separate network with no access to
the main office; it just has net access via http and https, and that's
it.

-Pascal