[clug] PSIG changing venues...

Chris Smart chris at kororaa.org
Mon Feb 18 05:08:37 GMT 2008

On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 04:01:50PM +1100, Simon Pascal Klein wrote:

> > | Re Internet access, there are numerous ethernet ports and cables
> > | throughout the room for the machines that are in there. I do not want to
> > | be unplugging any cables from these machines so any laptop users have to
> > | use wireless. Our office wifi network doesn't well reach the training
> > | room and Ash doesn't really want to open or share it at the moment. I
> > | can however turn my laptop into an AP and give you guys wifi straight
> > | from the wired connection in the room. :)

Hate to be a party pooper, but I think this misses the point as to why
Looking Glass doesn't want us on their network, security. I do not think
we should use their internet connection full stop. I know I wouldn't
want some bunch of linux nut would-be hackers connecting to my corporate
network ;)

So, please double check if you like, but I'd prefer it if we left their
network infrustructure well alone (even if they would be happy for us to
use it, I don't think it's a good idea).

-c